Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) had received the update of Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, bringing amazing new and cool features for all those who are still stuck at Android 2.3. This tutorial is also a great thing for all those who wants to downgrade their Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Android 4.1 to Android 4.0 for any reason.
Android 4.0.4 XXBLI4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Today we will tell you How to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Update with XXBLI4 ROM.If you have installed official updates through ODIN then it will be so easy. This is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 . if you are doing it first time please pay attention!
We have prepared more guides on Android Devices in which we have tutorials about How To Update Android devices and How To Root Android Devices. If you want to install custom ROMs on your Android Devices. [DO check Our Guides.]
Download The USB Drivers For your Galaxy Tab 2. So, you can connect your device easily with your PC.
Backup and Other Important Tips:
Before Installing Firmwares you Can use following guides to backup your Android Phone data.
Backup Android Apps Without Root—->>>How To Backup Android Apps Without Root
Backup SMS and Restore on Android —–>>>>How To Backup SMS and Restore on Android
Backup Call Logs on Android Phones —->>> How to Backup Call Logs on Android Phones
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 2 , don’t try it on other devices.
- Make Back-up of your phone data.
- This is a custom third-party ROM, it will void your warranty.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
How to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 Gets Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Update with XXBLI4 ROM.
- Download Android 4.0.4 P5100XXBLI4 for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download ODIN
- Now switch off your phone go to download mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button.
- Install Android USB DRIVER’S.
- Open ODIN make sure your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 SGH-T779 is in download mode.
- Connect your phone with computer.
- Now one of the ID:COM will turn yellow.
- Now select the files that you have to install,you can find these files in the Zip file that you have extracted in the first step.
Click on PDA and select the file with .tar in its name.
- Now in ODIN check Auto reboot and F.Reset.
- Now click on the Start button in ODIN. The installation process will begun it will take a few minutes.
- When installation is complete your phone will auto restart and when you see home screen unplug your device.