LG Nexus 4 can now be upgraded to CM 10.2, CM 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 but the nightly versions of CM are beta version, basically in progress versions so it is a common observation to experience bugs and other stuff. On the other hand many features are not yet available, but as soon as they are prepared in ROM they will be given to you via OTA update. This is not an Official ROM from Google or LG, it is a custom ROM but you can try it on your LG Nexus 4 if you can’t wait for the official update.
Installing custom ROMs on device let you loose all the Official features but a lot of Custom ROMs are way better than the official ones. Be warned, if you try this tutorial all your app data will be wiped so it is better to do a Back-up of all your important data before proceeding.
All Done! Let’s go to the tutorial.
Today we tell you How to Update Nexus 4 to Android 4.3 JWR66V OTA Official Firmware. If you have installed custom Rom’s before then it will be no difficult for you. This Guide is only for Nexus 4. If you are installing it first time please read the instruction carefully.If you are doing it first time please pay attention.
We have prepared more guides on Android Devices in which we have tutorials about How To Update Android devices and How To Root Android Devices. If you want to install custom ROMs on your Android Devices. [DO check Our Guides.]
Download The USB Drivers For your Nexus 4 so that you can connect your device easily with your PC.
Backup and Other Important Tips:
Before Installing Firmwares you Can use following guides to backup your Android Phone data.
Backup Android Apps Without Root—->>>How To Backup Android Apps Without Root
Backup SMS and Restore on Android —–>>>>How To Backup SMS and Restore on Android
Backup Call Logs on Android Phones —->>> How to Backup Call Logs on Android Phones
- This tutorial is only for Nexus 4 , don’t try it on other devices.
- Make backup of your phone data.
- This Method is only for Rooted Nexus 4.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
HOW TO Install Android 4.3 CM10.2 Nightly Jelly Bean on LG Nexus 4.
- Download Android 4.3 CM10.2 Nightly ROM and Google Apps for Nexus 4 on your PC
- Connect Your Device to your computer and copy the above downloaded file to your Device.
- Turn Off your device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now to get in the Recovery Mode.
- In, Clockwork Mode scroll down to the ‘Flash zip from SD card’ and press the power button to select it.
- Now use your volume keys to highlight the Android 4.3 zip file and select it using the power button, confirm the installation on the next screen.
- After the installation is complete go back and select ‘Reboot system now’, the phone will boot now and it will take almost 5-minutes to run it for the first time, So Please Be Patient.