Today we will tell you How To How to Update Sony Xperia Arc S to CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. If you have installed custom Rom’s before then it will be no difficult for you. This Guide is only for Sony Xperia Arc S. If you are installing it first time please read the instruction carefully.If you are doing it first time please pay attention.
We have prepared more guides on Android Devices in which we have tutorials about How To Update Android devices and How To Root Android Devices. If you want to install custom ROMs on your Android Devices. [DO check Our Guides.]
Download The USB Drivers For your Sony Xperia Arc S, so that you can connect your device easily with your PC.
Backup and Other Important Tips:
Before Installing Firmwares you Can use following guides to backup your Android Phone data.
Backup Android Apps Without Root—->>>How To Backup Android Apps Without Root
Backup SMS and Restore on Android —–>>>>How To Backup SMS and Restore on Android
Backup Call Logs on Android Phones —->>> How to Backup Call Logs on Android Phones
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Arc S , don’t try it on other devices.
- Make backup of your phone data.
- This is a custom third-party ROM.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
How to Update Sony Xperia Arc S to CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean and Google Apps for Xperia Arc S to your computer.
- Connect Your Device to your computer and copy the above downloaded file to your Device.
- Turn Off your device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- In, Clockwork Mode Recovery perform full data wipe, then Scroll down to ‘Flash zip from sd card’ and press the power button to select it.
- Now use your volume keys to highlight the Android 4.3 file and select it using the power button, confirm the installation on the next screen.
- After the installation is complete go back and select ‘Reboot system now’, the phone will boot now and it will take almost 5-minutes to run it for the first time, So Please be Patient.
NOTE: Repeat Step 6 TO Install Google Apps on your device.