Wait is over for HTC One user’s who have been waiting for Android 4.2.2 jelly Bean. HTC started rolling out 4.2.2 for HTC One who came out of box with Android 4.1.2. HTC UK announced that HTC has released Android 4.2.2 update for HTC One in UK from July 15. For all the HTC One User who has not received this update via OTA, we have prepare a tutorial on how to install it on HTC One manually.
- This tutorial is only for HTC One , don’t try it on other devices.
- Make back up of your phone data.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
- Bootloader should be unlocked.How? –> How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC Phones.
- Backup Android Apps.
- Installing this ROM will let you loose the custom ROM installed on it along with the ROOT and any custom recovery, which can be replace with stock recovery.
Download Official firmware
Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware according to model number and CID number of the HTC One.
1) For x.xx.401.x- World Wide English [WWE]
Model id: PNO710000
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware (2.24.401.1.zip, 40.23MB)
2) For x.xx.709.x -Asia TW (Taiwan)
Model id: PNO710000
CID number: HTC_621
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (2.24.709.1.zip, 40.22MB)
How To Install Android 4.2.2 official firmware on HTC One.
- Download Mini SDK, extract the downloaded file into a folder on your computer. Rename the folder mini-sdk.
- Copy the downloaded official download firmware into the mini-sdk folder, rename the downloaded firmware file into firmware .zip.
- Switch off your HTC One.
- Now Boot the phone into HBoot mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power Button together.
- Use the volume keys to navigate to Fastboot select it by pressing power button.
- Connect HTC One to the Computer using original USB cable.
- Open a Command Prompt on the computer (To open Command Prompt, go to Widows logo then type CMD in the search box and press Enter.)
- Type cd C:mini-sdk in Command Prompt windows to navigate to mini-sdk folder.
- Now type fastboot getvar all to retrieve model id and CID number of the device.
- Type fastboot oem lock to relock the bootloader in case the bootloader of the device is unlocked
- Type fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for the device to reboot
- Type fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for installation to begin.
- Then type fastboot reboot to reboot the phone. The device will now boot up into the official firmware. It will take about Five minutes for the device to boot for the first time
That;s it your HTC One is successfully updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, Goto Settings > About Device to verify.
Source: Android Teen