The developers at Samsung are very keen to release the new update Galaxy SIII, now this update was reported as under process. but we got our hands on the Leaked ROM, all thanks to SamMobile who posted this leaked ROM for Galaxy SIII users to update their sets. The nest new with that ROM is that it has many new features along with some old features of Previous version, you won’t get this update via OTA and you have to manually install it on your device.
Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 Firmware New Features:
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
How to Install XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Download Android 4.2.2 I9300XXUFME3 for Galaxy S3 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin1.85.
- Turn Off the device and go to download by pressing and hold volume down + home button and the press the power button until the boot screen shows up.
- You have to installed Android USB driver’s to connect your device with the system. If you don’t have the driver’s download it from here.
- Open Odin and connect your device with system, it should be in download mode when you connect it with odin.
- Once your device is successfully connect of the odin port will go yellow.
- Now select the files that you have to install on your device all files will be in the ROM folder that you have extracted.
Click on PDA and Select “I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip”
- In Odin select ‘Auto Reboot’ and factory reset options, as for Partition option check it only if you have selected .PIT file in above step.
- Now click the start button in Odin and let the installation process to start.
- After installation is complete, your phone will restart when you see this unplug the phone from PC.