This Tutorial is on how to jailbreak iPhone 4, 3Gs, iPod Touch 4G running iOS 6.1.2 firmware. Jailbreking iOS 6.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze is a recommended solution for UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM unlockers as it also preserves the iPhone baseband.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11brings support for iOS 6.1.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 6
- Only A4 or older devices are supported on 6.1.2 that includes iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS only.
- It’s an untethered jailbreak for aboved mentioned devices. Learn more about untethered jailbreak.
- Sn0wbreeze does NOT support iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 4/3/2, iPad mini or iPod Touch 5G.
- Sn0wbreeze is available for Windows only.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11 and extract it. Download iOS 6.1.2.
- Run the Snowbreeze.exe on your computer. Click OK button and then Click next Arrow Button to continue. ( Win8 users will need Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or higher)
- Click “Browse for an IPSW” and select iOS 6.1.2 IPSW file, click next.
- Click “Simple Mode” and Click ‘Next’, Snowbreeze will take several minutes to build custom firmware. Once done, you will receive a Donation message form Team Evasion, then you will see the Done Message. You can find Sn0wbreeze 6.1.2 custom firmware on your desktop named: “sn0wbreeze_*.ipsw”.
- Click Ok button and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode. Connect your device to your computer and turn it OFF and click the Start button:
- Press and Hold the Home and Power Buttons,
- Let go of the Power button but keep holding the Home Button.
- Once your iPhone/iPod Touch has successfully entered DFU mode, in Snowbreeze a confirmation message will popup.
- Now close Snowbreeze and open iTunes, hold down Shift key and click the restore button. Browse and Select the Downloaded iOS 6.1.2 file and iTunes will start restoring Custom iOS 6.1.2 on your device.
That’s it! You’ve successfully jailbroken iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G on iOS 6.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze. In case of iPhone 4/3GS, you’ve also preserved the baseband so you can use UltraSn0w/Gevey SIM.
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.