We are about to show you the detailed step-by-step tutorial of Installing Android 4.2.2 AOSP Jelly Bean Final ROM on HTC Desire Z. If you are used to installing ROMs on your device that this might not be very difficult for you, but or all the beginners you need to pay more attention to the tutorial.
- This Tutorial is only for HTC Desire Z , do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure to back up all your important data.
- You need to install CMW Recovery on it, then you will be able to installthis custom ROM on it.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Bootloader Should be unlocked.
- Download Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM and Google Apps for HTC Desire Z to your computer.
- Connect Your Device to your computer and copy the above downloaded file to your Device.
- Turn Off your device and disconnect it from PC.
- Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- In, Clockwork Mode Recovery perform full data wipe, then Scroll down to ‘Flash zip from sd card’ and press the power button to select it.
- Now use your volume keys to highlight the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file and select it using power button,confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation is complete go back and select ‘Reboot system now’, the phone will boot now and it will take almost 5-minutes to run it for the first time, So Please be Patient