Today we will teach you how to successfully install 4.1.2 jelly bean VRBMA2 firmware on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III. don’t skip any step we will teach you and we are not held responsible if you terminal got bricked do it on your responsibility. You will be to flash this stock jelly bean firmware ROM by installing the stock factory image , then flash a custom recovery such as TWRP ClockwordMode tech. then you have install SuperSu and unlock the bootloader from your device.it is an update of Android 4.1.2 jelly bean its not the final version using this guide will overwrite all the partitions to stock since you have to flash the stock factory image of Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III .
this update is only for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III don’t attempt this guide on any other versions of us based Samsung Galaxy S III or you will brick your smartphone .Also use this guide on a unlocked booter device .the system partitions will be overwritten and stock factory image will be installed so back all the data and applications which are installed manually as they all will be deleted.
- use this tutorial only if you are advance android user
- install Samsung USB drivers so that Odin can recognized your device .
- sync all your contacts with your Google account
- make sure you enable USB Debugging option from Android Developer option
- make sure the battery of your smartphone is full because if smartphone battery ends in middle of the update your smartphone will ended in brick.
- Samsung KIES software will be disabled during this update installation
- disable all antivirus software on your computer as they will interfere in installation.
- carefully read all steps keep in mind don’t skip any step .
- this update guide is in three parts first you have to restore your device on factory restore image then install custom recovery and then you have to flash the root and unlock the bootloder.
- now we will start the guide read each step carefully and keep in mind don’t skip any step skipping of any step will result in failure of update installation.
Flash the Stock Factory Image for Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon
- download Odin Version 3.07 from here ODIN Ver 3.07
- download stock VRBLK Samsung Galaxy S III factory image with no data swipe from Here.
- power off your smartphone and launch Odin on your computer
- Boot your smartphone in download mode by pressing Volume down, home and power buttons at once. then press volume up button when screen appears for download mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and click add button on ODIN.
- Press PDA button on ODIN and then load VRBLK factory image tar.md5 . don’t set any default setting in ODIN .
- Press start to flash the stock factory image on your device
- your device will restart after install is completed you can unplug your device and you will see your smartphone will start in normal mode with Android 4.1.2 jelly bean update with out data wipe.
- now you will have Android 4.1.2 jelly bean ROM stock on your device .
Install CWM Touch Recovery Or TWRP Recovery for you Samsung Galaxy S III
- Download CWM touch recovery tar.md5 file from HERE
- Download TWRP Recovery tar.md5 file from HERE
- power off your smartphone
- launch ODIN executable from ODIN folder
- boot your device in download mode as you do before and connect your device and click add button in Odin
- Click on PDA button and browse custom recover tar.md5 file
- press start button to start flashing custom recovery image.
- when the installation completed your device will start in normal mode unplug your device from PC .
- to check if the recovery mode is installed or not power of you device and then hold volume up , home and power button same time . when your device starts release power butto but keep holding volume and home button and you will se recovery mode is on .
Root Your ROM And Unlock Bootloader for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
- Download SuperSU and bootloader pack from HERE . don’t extract the files.
- Connect your smartphone now move root pack file on your phone SD card.
- after moving file disconnect your phone and power off your phone
- Boot in to custom recovery mode.
- Select install from zip SD card.then choose Zip from SD card and browse for the SuperSU bootlader zip.
- select the installation after completing installation you will see recovery mode main screen.
- select reboot system now and you will see Samsung Galaxy S III will boot in normal mode.
that’s it you have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.